Friday, December 10, 2010
Secret Santa runner is finished- finally!
OK, I was chugging along on this and was well on my way to having it done by the first of the month when I was hit by a series of nasty migraines. Because the first couple of weeks of December are a very busy time for me at work and I had to be there, I pretty much toughed it out and went to bed every night as soon as I got home. Needless to say, this really cut into my sewing time significantly. I'm feeling so much better this week and finally got the last of the quilting done. After burying tons of thread ends, I got the binding done Tuesday night. Just as I was ready to pack the runner up and get it on its way, I realized that I had forgotten to put a label on it so I'll do that and get it in the mail this weekend.
I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. The blocks in the center were plain, so I machine-embroidered the letters in them. Quilting was the hardest part mainly because I haven't done all that much in the past so my skills are still a little shaky. I hope that the recipient enjoys it as much as I did making it!
BTW, I'm going to try taking a better picture to post. This one was taken laid on the carpet with me standing on a stool over it and no matter how I tried, the edges always came out looking crooked. They really are straight!