Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall, where art thou?

Just checked the weather forecast and this is what we have in store for us:

SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES WILL DEVELOP WEDNESDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 18 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE...WITH UP TO 24 INCHES IN THE DENVER AREA. NORTH WINDS AT15 TO 30 MPH WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

Now, as I've said before, I love Fall. Next to Spring, it's my most favorite season. The days are just that right degree of warm with a crisp little hint of cool underlying it, the nights are chilly enough so that I get a good night's sleep burrowed under blankets and all of the trees are turning such pretty colors including my favorite, the Ash with its opalescent mixture of reds and golds. I can usually count on spending October out in my yard, cleaning it up and putting in the rosebushes that are still in pots. This year? Not so much. We've already had a light snowfall or two earlier in the month and I've spent more than one night hauling in my potted rosebushes onto our utility porch until it got warm enough this past Saturday to get them in the ground. Now it looks like a major dumping of snow is on its way. Fall, it would seem, has totally passed us by this year.

No comments: