Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tote party #3


Panel 2 is finished!  I also cross-hatched this one but chose to do a more open 45 degree angle and used my serpentine stitch since the fabric design is so curvy.  I'm really happy with the result!  I took the time to mark out my lines which really helped because I could just put the pedal to the metal and guide the fabric through.  The last line was a thrilling race to get to the end before the bobbin thread ran out.  Heh, why is it that I think if I just sew faster, the bobbin won't run out on me?

Thanks for all the wonderful comments you all are leaving, they really keep me going!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilting looks great.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Looking great so far--you will catch up or there is always tomorrow!!!
will keep an eye on you--want to see your finish!!! Six cats--i like you already!!!
Hugs, Di

SoozeM said...

Looking great, I love your fabrics! Don't ya just hate that bobbin race, they should make it an Olympic event LOL!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Marking lines always helps me too. Looking great!

Karen said...

I'll be back tomorrow to see if your bag is all finished. I do like paisley fabric.

Ginger Patches said...

I'm so happy you're keeping me company :) So many people have closed up for the night! I love that fabric!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Two totes is ambitious Esther! Just keep plugging away and you'll get there!